Registration process in the Council of Commercial Agents
The application for enrolment in the Commercial Agents Register and the application for the issuance of a licence to practise the profession of Commercial Agent may be submitted to the competent authority:
The Council of Commercial Agents
P.O. 23875, 1687 Nicosia
Tel.: +35722889759 +35722518422
Fax: +35722667593, +35722420420
The application for enrolment in the Commercial Agents Register has to be accompanied by the following documents:
- copy of a recent Clear Criminal Record Certificate from the appropriate authorities;
- copy of non-bankrupt certificate by the Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver or the appropriate authority of a member state;
- copy of a school leaving certificate of a recognized secondary school or of an equivalent qualification;
- the following fees need to be paid (either by cheque or cash) together with the application:
- €20.00 application fee;
- €75.00 registration fee;
- €60.00 annual licence fee
The applicant is informed regarding the authorisation decision normally within thirty days from the date that the application form and supporting documents were duly submitted.
The annual licence for practicing the profession is valid until 31st of December of each year and should be renewed by the first day of March of the following year. If registration is refused or renewal of an annual licence is refused 50% of the fees paid are returned.